Before you buy a water filter
The next three minutes could save you several hours and hundreds of dollars.
There’s a reason why most people waste money on water filters that don’t work, plastic water bottles, or worse, are left to drink unfiltered tap water with contaminants and pollutants.
At Woder, we are obsessed with helping you find the filter YOU actually need. Woder Filters designed to meet the needs of most communities. Safe, affordable and long-lasting filters is what we promise.
Here’s the truth: the water filtration industry thrives on misleading information, bogus claims, celebrity endorsements and industry jargon.
Cut through the BS and become an expert in a matter of minutes.
First, a little about us.
Our filters aren’t for everyone. Yet. Based on scientific studies in every US zip code, we estimate our family of water filters meet the needs of 75% of households in North America.
But before you buy a water filter from us or another brand, understand a few important facts:
- Most water filters on the market today DO NOT filter your water. They improve taste, smell and clarity. That includes MOST refrigerator filters and water pitcher filters.
- Few Americans know what’s in their tap water. While every city is required by law to report water quality results to the public, their annual reports are extremely confusing and lack the most important data that is relevant to you..
- You can test your own water yourself! Quickly and inexpensively. Use an independent lab like SimpleWater, with MY TAP SCORE. Even your kids can understand their test results.This way we can be sure that the filter you have purchased meets your actual filtration needs.
- Knowing which contaminants and pollutants are in your treated tap water, you can then select a filter designed to remove the contaminants specific to your exact location.
- Most US households can get their tap water 99.99% pure by selecting the right filter, once they know their levels of sediment, lead, heavy metals, and fluoride in their tap water.
- If you use a Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtration system, be aware this method strips the water of all the essential minerals your body needs. In other words, membranes strip all ions, resulting in what we at Woder call ‘dead water’. .This is why companies like Mayu exist. To help you remineralize your water.
- While water softening systems have their benefits, they do not filter your drinking water. And carbon-based filters like ours are not compatible with water softener systems.
- If your drinking water comes from a well that is untreated by your municipality,, you should have it tested and treated. SimpleWater tests well water. You cannot use filters like ours with well water, unless it is treated by your local municipality. .
- Whole Home water filters can be an excellent choice for some. But most of these systems are very expensive and require costly plumbing and maintenance service. Our dual stage Sediment (stage1) and advanced (stage2) makes the perfect solution for point of use where a high level of sediments has been detected and there is not a whole house pre sediment filter is installed (usually in urban places with old pipe systems or where there is a construction site upstream).
- While Woder filters are designed and tested to last up to three years, you may find your filters don’t last as long. This is often based on high levels of sediment found in your tap water, which may be the result of local heavy construction or water pipeline disruption in your area.
- While TDS (total dissolved solids) can be a useful method for testing the quality of drinking water, a TDS meter is not an effective method to test water quality. Essential minerals your body needs are also picked up by TDS meters. In fact, “dead water” has the lowest TDS reading and should not be considered good drinking water. All Carbon and other media-based filters increase TDS, while flushing will reduce the value indicated...a bacteriostatic filter will never flush out because of the ionic transfer.
- Micron ratings for filters can be misleading. Granular filters like ours do not have a micron rating. A micron rating is provided for carbon block style filters or filters using pleated membrane materials. These type technologies use nano-sized to larger pore sizes to separate solids from the flow of water. A solid can be anything suspended or dissolved. These solids can include cysts, bacteria and or virus. Filters with a micron rating are generally used for well water and or questionable water conditions that include claims to remove microorganisms. Woder Filters are all granular formulas. There are 6 different media that are all micro-ground and screened then blended rather than layered. The entry lines are chambered in a way to create maximum retention while only slightly limiting flow rate. The filters formulas are granular, and the technologies are ion exchange and catalytic adsorption.
- Flow rate for filters is important. You shouldn’t have to stand around to pour a glass of water.
Depending on the model you choose, our flow rates consistently measure between 2-3 gallons per minute @65psig. Our fluoride filters flow at 1.32GPM @65psig.
Too much information? Well … now you know.
So how do you know if a Woder filter is right for you?
This depends on how old your plumbing is and the types of contamination detected in your tap water by your local municipality.
Our top-selling product, the Advanced Water Filter, is one of the highest rated filters sold on Amazon Prime. It removes VOCs, Lead, Heavy metals, Chlorine (99%) and other contaminants (99%), odors and bad tastes. This filter is also bacteriostatic which means it prevents colonization of any microorganisms within the filter. It’s also been proven to remove Mercury, PFCs, Glyphosate, Chromium 6, and turbidity.
If you’re concerned you have elevated levels of sediment, Lead, heavy metals, orand Fluorideflouride, combine one of our dual-stage filters with your Advanced Filter with a 1st stage cartridge that specified to remove your specific contaminant from above on a dual stage system..
To dramatically reduce the fluoride in your tap water, our dual-stage FluorideFlouride filter removesremove 95% of fluoride as well as chloramines. It is also effective in removing and Arsenic. Woder does not use Silica Alumina or Aluminate to reduce Fluoride. The media is using bone char as part of the components to remove Fluoride. We use silver nitrate for the antibacterial in all our filters.
Woder filters have a unique technology that removes over 99.99% of contaminants while leaving in all essential minerals, which are vital to your health, including calcium, potassium, and magnesium. The unique advanced Selective Filtration™ technology has an affinity for impurities, so it attracts them, but it has no affinity for healthy minerals, so it allows them to remain.
We are the only water filter manufacturer in the US that we know of that welcomes its customers to test their tap water BEFORE and AFTER they install our filters.
We are also one of a handful of companies that responsibly recycle used filter cartridges. If you don’t have a recycling center in your city, you can mail your spent cartridges to us and we’ll recycle 100% of the used products.
All of our filters are BPA (bisphenol A) free and are built with National Science Foundation (NSF) approved materials. No BPA, PVC, or formaldehyde housing in any of our filters.